MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011

So MaeLynn seems to be about the same that she has been all week. She's able to communicate fine... just really tired. She told me tonight that she spent most of the day in her chair. She doesn't have much of an appetite, either. She has moments of delirium, but they are very short-lived, thankfully. Andrew told me that she had a fight with a ninja the other day while she was blow drying her hair.

I keep thinking how I always post that MaeLynn loves to have visitors and phone calls, but I'm realizing that Andy needs the phone calls and visits just as much as MaeLynn. Even though he puts up a tough front I know this is really really hard on him. How could it be anything else. So..if you haven't already, let him know you care.

Thank heavens for good medications for MaeLynn, oxygen to keep up her energy, and sweet and helpful hospice nurses. Things are going as well as can be expected, and MaeLynn is not in pain. Till next time...

"Although the purpose of the suffering is not always apparent at the time, the Prophet Joseph had a singularly spiritual experience as he lingered in Liberty Jail. The Lord comforted him:

“My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

“And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”

“Know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

“The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?”"


1 comment:

  1. Laura - does Mae get these comments? If she does, here goes:

    MaeLynn, I love you so much and I have always looked up to your example of loving, smiling, happiness, optimism, and endurance. I hope you feel peaceful and comfortable these days. And I hope you can feel all of the love and prayers that are going your way.

    By the way, we found out last week that I'm having a baby girl! She's due in the beginning of June.

    We love you!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete