MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday July 3

Today has been pretty uneventful. MaeLynn continues in her sleepy stupor. She keeps saying things about things that aren't there....pictures on the wall, messages on the phone. You can tell she's a multi-tasking mother, huh?

Andrew took the kids up Logan Canyon for a reunion on his side of the family. MaeLynn's parents and sister, Jamie, came to spend the day with her while everyone was gone.

I stopped by this evening for a few minutes and MaeLynn's mother, Marie, told me that she was really "not-with-it." Wonderfully enough, though, when I went in to talk to her for a few minutes, she sat up and we had a really nice conversation. She was super tired and weak, but willing to talk about hot showers and cold smoothies and okay enough to tell my little boy where to look for his lost Matchbox car (which he really was looking for).

It's so crazy that just over a week ago she was up till midnight scrubbing spots off her floor and having Andy move the couch so she could vacuum behind it. Now she can hardly sit up or talk or think straight. She has the oxygen all day, I think, which may or may not help. She said it's hard to remember to shut her mouth to breathe in the oxygen through her nose. She's also having a hard time focusing on things that she's looking at. She says everything looks fuzzy. But through it all, of course, MaeLynn's so sweet about everything.

That's about it for an update. Not any better than yesterday, but not worse.

"The past is behind--we must learn from it. The future is ahead--we must prepare for it. The present is now—we must live in it."----Thomas S. Monson

This earth life is a journey....not a final destination.---Spencer J. Condie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing these updates, Laura. I'm sure it's difficult to write about everything that's going on. MaeLynn's been on my mind and in my prayers so much these last few days. We were so blessed to have her at Cecilie's reception and at the family dinner. I have so many good memories of/with her. I love her and I'm sorry that her path isn't different. My heart is with her family tonight - Marie, Jamie, Jerry, Andrew, her kids, you... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let Maelynn know that I am praying for her and her family and my love is always with them. I don't get to see her much due to the distance between us. I appreciate being able to keep up to date reading this blog. I love you Maelynn. You have always been a great friend.

    Amanda Adamson Lloyd (a friend from high school)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Maelynn I am thinking and praying for her. Send her my love. She was a great neighbor and friend when I first moved into the ward.--Rachel Howell (her old Visiting Teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an old acquaintance from high school. Is there any way that I can send her husband and children a note? If so, would you mind emailing me and address that I can send it to? Thank you.
    ~Mary Ann Broadhead Carlile
    maryanncarlile@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete