MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28, 2010

MaeLynn has wanted to post some words of wisdom for a long time. We finally have it in writing! Here it is, straight from MaeLynn's mouth/pen:

We all learn different things on our life's journeys. I feel that perhaps the biggest thing I have learned since being diagnosed with cancer is to love myself. It is so very important to know who you are and know why you do the things you do.

I love people. You all know that! I've been called a "social butterfly" since third grade! However, one of the awarenesses I have had is that I use the details of others' lives to fill up the space in my life. Whether my insides were truly empty doesn't matter---that's the way I perceived them to be. Thus I actually became afraid to be alone! The last few months I've really had to work on being alone, and have found it's not that bad.

If I could change the world in one way, it would be to help you all love yourselves more unconditionally. That love will naturally be passed on to others. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Love,
MaeLynn

8 comments:

  1. I love you, Mae. You have made such a difference in the lives of so many people, mine most definitely included. You will be in our hearts always! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaeLynn, I don't know if you remember me. We were friends in high school. I have thought about you often over the years and just recently stumbled across your blog. I read your posts and just cry. I want you to know that my whole family is praying for you and that I think you are incredible. You are such a beautiful daughter of God. Love you,

    Marci Jones Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maelynn! You are such a strong person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to write and let you know how much you have touched my life the small time we knew each other. I was battling my own illness when I met you and I was terribly alone. Your visiting me meant way more than "normal" visiting teaching visits do. I hadn't had contact with many people for a year before you came to my door. Only my husband who was busy doing EVERYTHING to take care of me, the house, work and school. The spirit that you cary truly touched mine when I needed it the most. My battle was far from over, but knowing that someone in the world other than my husband cared went a LONG way. Thank you for following the spirits promptings.
    I have a funny memory: Once when you were visiting, your oldest or second? wasn't listening to you which obviously frustrated you. Upon being scolded, she giggled and said "I'm pushing mommy's buttons!" We still laugh about that (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment doesn't tell you who I am - Melanie Lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maelynn, I found out about all of this last night. I decided months ago that I wouldn't be on facebook anymore. I received your friend invite on my e-mail, and was sad that I would miss out on it, but still didn't respond. Last night it just kept nagging at me to check on you, so I logged on, found your message, started reading your page, found this blog, and have been crying for a long time. I wish so much that I had known sooner. You are such a sweet woman and have a strength in you that amazes me. I want you to know that I enjoyed so much the time I spent with you and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you, and wish you all that you need and want.
    Love,
    April Jones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mae - You are so amazing. I pray for you everyday. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family. Love you Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MaeLynn---how beautiful!! You are and always will be an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete