MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Week and a half Later

Sorry it has taken me so long to update this! Luckily, no news is fairly good news.

MaeLynn had more tests done on Monday the 8th in Logan. They were looking for cancer in any other parts of her body, i.e. brain, lungs, other soft tissue.

She then talked to an oncologist on Tuesday to review the tests. Fortunately, they did not find anything except for some small spots on her lungs. Apparently it's too risky to do a biopsy on her lungs, so they are hoping that if it IS cancer, it will be treated with whatever they use to treat the cancer in her pancreas and/or liver.

Treatment won't start for a couple of weeks because, HOORAY! MaeLynn's on vacation! An amazingly generous friend of Andy's aunt loaned them a condo in San Diego for a week. So MaeLynn, Andy, the kids, Nanna and Papa, and Jamie Harris Norton and her kids all drove down. They left on Wednesday the 10th, and won't be back until Friday the 19th. Then on Saturday the 20th, MaeLynn and Andy are going to spend a couple of nights/days in Salt Lake for their 8th Anniversary (which is June 22nd), complements of Pam and Lee.

The doctor says he thinks the vacation is a great idea, and that they'll just start treatment when MaeLynn returns home. If my facts are right, MaeLynn will be taking oral medication along with intravenous medication (which I'm assuming means chemo, but I'm not sure, and haven't had a chance to ask MaeLynn)

MaeLynn seems very upbeat about it all. I don't know if I said this last time, but it all feels very surreal at this point.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and fasting last fast Sunday. Thanks also to everyone's notes and phone calls. If you're looking for a way to help out, MaeLynn said that Grandpa Harris is arranging a fund that anyone can donate to. I'll keep you posted on that. She could also use help at home, I'm sure, in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted about that also.

Keep praying and don't lose faith and hope. Mosiah 4:9---Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that scripture--it seems especially powerful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have a great vacation. You and your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I've been anxious to hear. I'm so glad they get to celebrate a vacation and an anniversary. Be strong Maelynn- you are such an amazing example. Love you.
    Heidi Hickok Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update. MaeLynn, I still can't believe the news. You are the sweetest person ever. I am so glad you got to go on vacation and then have an anniversary with your husband. You and your family are in my prayers. I wish so much I lived closer so I could help you out. I know you will continue to uplift and inspire people through this journey you are on.
    ~Julie Jenkins Kunz - Georgia

    ReplyDelete