MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Monday, October 18, 2010

The new shed and new chair...hooray!

I finally got some pictures to post of the shed Andy has built for MaeLynn's "stuff", and MaeLynn in her comfy new recliner. These were taken last Friday...October 15, 2010.



I wish I were better at making the layout more aesthetically pleasing, but oh well. I talked to MaeLynn tonight (October 18th) and she said things are still about the same. Her blood pressure is really low, but she feels okay. She sleeps with oxygen, but doesn't have it on during the day.


MaeLynn is so amazing. Even though she's at where she's at, she's still always thinking of others. The other day she had a birthday gift she was taking to a neighbor. Then she called me to let me know I'd left a jacket at her house. She's just so thoughtful...as always. What an example!


I came across this scripture the other day and it reminded me of MaeLynn: Mosiah 25:14-15 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patence to all the will of the Lord."

6 comments:

  1. Wow, she is really talented at painting! Hooray for her new shed! Would you call that a "woman cave"? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the painting! You're a pro! The shed looks great - how fun(o: Hang in there Maelynn. Prayers are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if this is appropriate, but Laura, this is Nicole Miller. (I saw you last Thurs at Mae's house) I am looking for a way to get a hold of you. Will you email me? nikitiger at gmail.com

    And, thanks, as always, for keeping this blog up to date so we can all know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaeLynn I LOVE your art work, it is beautiful! Thanks for the updates, it is so nice to see what MaeLynn does with her days.

    ReplyDelete