MaeLynn's Final Resting Place

MaeLynn's Final Resting Place
I went over to the cemetery the day after Memorial Day. You can tell she was so loved...and still is.

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box

MaeLynn's Hummingbird Box
MaeLynn and Andy have been having a lot of fun getting into their artistic sides lately. This is one of MaeLynn's projects from this fall.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 2010

I'm taking liberties to add this article to the blog. It was just so incredible...about end of life....the perspectives of patients, families, and doctors.

I'm so glad MaeLynn chose hospice. It has been quite the journey. Many of the things that are mentioned in the article are exactly what MaeLynn has gone through or is still going through. Trying to decide what treatment to go with, having people give her all kinds of "treatment" ideas or plans, her and Andy trying to plan for a future without her.

Hopefully everyone else appreciates it as much as I do. (Sorry it's kind of long.)

Hospice medical care for dying patients : The New Yorker

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a very good article. I didn't know that the supposed "death panels" were really just ways for doctors to talk with patients about things that need to be talked about! I remember how hard it was for my parents to have these talks with my grandpa, but they believed it was important. I hope that they remember that when it's my turn to have those hard talks with them.

    ReplyDelete